How do I get my water clear

Haven't been able to get back on here till now.
Thanks for response.

Test kits are tf100.

Today's tests are:

FC .5
CC .5
TA 80
CYA 20
PH 7.5

I have those articles. I was hoping someone would see something I don't, saving me some money.

Thanks again!

You've got the tools and the information. SLAM Process

Add some CYA to get to 30. If you don't have a partial canister laying around, do you have any dichlor "shock" or trichlor pucks? A little over a pound of plain CYA or two pounds of dichlor or 4 trichlor pucks will add the CYA you need. The dichlor and trichlor will likely also push your pH down where you want it. The dichlor will dissolve fastest.

Then hit it with bleach, targeting 12 FC. And keep testing every couple hours and keep bringing it back to 12 FC. Brush till your arms ache. And if you can beg a coffee can's worth of DE or cellulose from a neighbor, that will speed up the filtration of all the algae you've killed.

It is the PH test that becomes invalid with elevated chlorine not CYA but.......CYA is not something that gets consumed by algae or sunlight as chlorine is. So....if you haven't added any stabilizer or stabilized chlorine product (like granulated "shock") then your CYA would be no different than your original test :)

What else can you do? Brush a lot. Algae doesn't like that.h

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Still at it.
FC 13
Cc bounces from .5 to 1
Ph has been 7.2
Cya 30

Doing a bunch of brushing and vacuume
Sometimes when I back flush the water barely comes out. Maybe half as much as should.
So I set it to filter then back to backwash and filter. Works better then. What gives?

Also when I turn multi port valve it seeks. Going bad or already is?

Thanks folks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.