Esparto, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I have been working on our pool for almost 3 weeks now and I don't see light at end of this tunnel. I finally got the ph level balanced and so then I shocked it several times and this morning I notice that after weeks of zero chlorine reading I have overchlorinated the water . I have also cleaned the filters 4 times and then I vacuum it, clean the walls etc but i have not seen the bottom of my pool and it seems like it hasn't made a difference. When I vacuum the water murks up and then it feels pointless .
The photos here show the deep end which is slightly worse than the shallow end.
We are at our end and my husband ordered a product called poolrx as a last resort but I figured it's time to time to expert for advice. Pool store jist had me put a bunch of chemicals and as you can see the water is still pretty murky.
Please help!

Attachments

• A908AAAC-F568-43D9-B59D-E796FE830D86.jpeg
    A908AAAC-F568-43D9-B59D-E796FE830D86.jpeg
    437 KB · Views: 25
  • F6370ECD-4E94-4706-9E10-35402F199CBA.jpeg
    F6370ECD-4E94-4706-9E10-35402F199CBA.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 9A24176E-8CF4-4448-929E-9F16C554B96E.jpeg
    9A24176E-8CF4-4448-929E-9F16C554B96E.jpeg
    661.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 5435B81F-C769-462B-B14C-D57178623266.jpeg
    5435B81F-C769-462B-B14C-D57178623266.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 24
ordered a product called poolrx
Return it and save your money. You have algae and need to follow the SLAM Process. Your signature is blank. Is that pic of the color viewing from a Taylor K-2006C test kit? If so, use the K-2006C and follow the SLAM Process. If that is not a Taylor K-2006C, then get one, or even better a TF-100 test kit. No amount of filter or brushing alone will resolve the algae. It's a chemical issue. Your need to "maintain" the proper elevated FC (SLAM) level as noted on the FC/CYA Levels based on your current CYA (See the SLAM tab). Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you, I'm fairly new to the site and will look up how to edit my signature .
The test I used is the one that leslies pool supply sold me to test chlorine and PH levels.
I will order the recommended tf-100 . In the meantime , should I continue to purchase and add liquid chlorine ? I will also read up on the SLAM method to prepare myself . Thank you

should I continue to purchase and add liquid chlorine ?
Absolutely. I suspect Leslies sold you something like this maybe?

full

If so, it's basically a Taylor K-2005 kit. You can upgrade it to a K-2006 kit by ordering the FAS-DPD. Or you can use those reagents along with a new TF-100 or TF-Pro. Either one a great value for the swim season. Once you make your choice and receive your kit, please post a full set of water test results and we'll be happy to help you clear that water efficiently. :goodjob:

Reactions: Newdude

full

If so, it's basically a Taylor K-2005 kit. You can upgrade it to a K-2006 kit by ordering the FAS-DPD. Or you can use those reagents along with a new TF-100 or TF-Pro. Either one a great value for the swim season. Once you make your choice and receive your kit, please post a full set of water test results and we'll be happy to help you clear that water efficiently. :goodjob:

full

full

No, it's this one shown in photo . Only measures chlorine and PH level.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 10
No, it's this one shown in photo . Only measures chlorine and PH level.
Yikes. That's a tiny kit that's really only good for testing pH. So yes, look at the TF-100, TF-Pro, or Taylor K-2006C test kits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.