Houston Texas; tile and coping- finally!

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Finally got waterline tile and coping today. Edge tiles on steps and benches
Looks really nice. That stair step spillover is great. Just curious - what is the distance of that first step from the coping down to the sun shelf? Also, what is the planned water depth on the sun shelf?

colleenbevans

Feb 5, 2021
Texas
Looks really nice. That stair step spillover is great. Just curious - what is the distance of that first step from the coping down to the sun shelf? Also, what is the planned water depth on the sun shelf?
Hi Herman, its about 12 inches from coping to shelf. we will lose some of that to plaster. We were originally told 12 inch depth on our sun shelf, but I think we will end up with 9" of water. Unsure if sales person was referring to TOTAL or water depth when we originally designed this pool. We are ok with 9+ inches.

Reactions: HermanTX

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Unsure if sales person was referring to TOTAL or water depth when we originally designed this pool. We are ok with 9+ inches.
Thanks. This happens a lot if you read other construction posts plus some PB's put a +/-6 inches for tolerance. Glad yours is suitable.

colleenbevans

Feb 5, 2021
Texas
Thanks. This happens a lot if you read other construction posts plus some PB's put a +/-6 inches for tolerance. Glad yours is suitable.
Yeah, our contract has the + or - 6 inches. Not a great clause when it comes to a total of 9 inches. I would have liked 12". Also wished I had asked for a starting 4 foot depth (we have 3 1/2). We didnt find this forum until they were about to dig.

colleenbevans

Feb 5, 2021
Texas
Decking formed. Plumbing passed inspection. Cement coming monday and stonework for waterfall teusday.

Attachments

• sKQ6iE37RRK2448Inl1iPQ.jpg
    sKQ6iE37RRK2448Inl1iPQ.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 9BUZ17fzRwqRmn50OvGyxg.jpg
    9BUZ17fzRwqRmn50OvGyxg.jpg
    772.8 KB · Views: 18
  • h%icyT68Ruun4M4eVwnr8w.jpg
    h%icyT68Ruun4M4eVwnr8w.jpg
    819.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude