Housesitting for pool with circupool

AmyM

Aug 21, 2010
Help please! Housesitting for people. Have circupool with messages that say water fault and no salt. How do I add salt and where. Is the water fault message a danger to the machine? I have turned the power off just in case. Thankyou very much for any help given.

Re: Ready for Salt ?? Test Results

AmyM said:
Help please! Housesitting for people. Have circupool with messages that say water fault and no salt. How do I add salt and where. Is the water fault message a danger to the machine? I have turned the power off just in case. Thankyou very much for any help given.

Hi Amy,
Did they leave you any testing instructions? You don't want to just dump salt into the pool since salt does not evaporate out of the water and several things could cause the error message.

Do you have a phone number for the homeowner so you can ask what they prefer that you do?

If you do not have a means to contact them then you will need to take a sample of water to the local pool store and ask them to test it for you. Be sure and tell them you need to know the salt level as well. Don't buy anything from the pool store and post the test results here. Then we can tell you what to do next.

I will ask one of the moderators if they can move this to a new thread so our answers to you will not be mixed in with our answers to jack's question since he started this thread.
Moved to a new topic. JasonLion

That error message will come up in a couple of different situations, if the pump is not running, if there is insufficient water flow, if the salt level is low, or if the grey plug going from the control unit to the cell has a lose connection.

The first thing to do is to make sure the pump is running and there is a strong flow coming out of the return jet(s) (or in the skimmer).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.