House with Vinyl slightly Above Ground Pool that needs some help

We live in a house with a vinyl pool slightly above ground. (for reference, see Secards pool).

First there was a root that was left edging the liner though it was requested to be moved (it was not) and is pushing on liner - this issue will not be replaced until new liner will be installed. Please beware of those who do the installation of your pool and what they are doing during construction.

Our current issue is that they constructed of wood - some treated and some well plywood worries us. So we are trying to figure a way to install backer-board to consider tiling or installing brick. However since we cannot drill into plywood next to pool vinyl, we need suggestions on how to accomplish this so we can block, brick, or tile to preserve pool longer. We are DIYers. Open to any suggestions. I will try to attach a photo.

pool 1.jpgpool 2.jpgpool concern.jpgshows construction - pool.jpg

Just to recap, are you looking to veneer the exposed wood to beautify or are you looking to add a structural component to exposed wood sections?

As for the root, I would consider cutting wherever you can expose it between the pool and the tree. Preferably closest to the pool surround.

Pool is 12' x 24' Vinyl inground with 2 feet out of ground. Pump is cartridge and treated with chlorine not salt.
Thank you on root. That will be some digging. : (

Yes we want to beautify and add structural. Probably using block to cover all the wood. I tried to upload a pic but was unable.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.