House Sitting for a Friend

Cinic

Silver Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
Tempe, AZ
We're house sitting for some people in the neighborhood. They have a dog and a bird that we're feeding. Big pool in the backyard but they didn't ask us to do anything with it. I believe they have a service.

I was bored and nosy so I grabbed a sample and brought it home.

FC 0.6
CC 0.2
pH 8.2 or greater
TA 230
CH 525
CYA 180

How in the world is this thing not green?

Ack! It is one bad day away from a "help, my pool was fine yesterday and green today!" thread on TFP. And it is already building up calcium scale everywhere.

Hah! I only ran the 25 ml FC test after the 10 ml was kinda inconclusive. It only sort of turned pink when I added the powder and also got very cloudy.

And yes, that was a diluted CYA test. The undiluted test was way below the 100 line.

The pool is an old school white plaster pool like they did in the '80s. I'll take a look tomorrow for scaling.

As much as I want to do that, I don't think the gesture would come across too well. They're a nice family - if it ever comes up in discussion I'll share my experiences. But I'm probably better served to keep my mouth shut than tell them they need to drain 2/3 (or more) of their pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.