hot tub motor not getting power from the board

marcp

Oct 2, 2021
southern ontario canada
I have a generic hot tub with a Balboa control system, HS200VS control board (part number 55098). One of the two pump motors stopped running, everything else is fine. Opened up the panel, confirmed all fuses are good. When I turn the pump on from the control panel I hear the relay click. To test the pump I swapped the pump leads so that the non functioning pump is plugged into the connector for the pump that was running (they are both 240V) and sure enough the pump works, which tells me the pump / capacitor / thermal overload are fine. The relay is on a small circuit board separate from the main board. Looking for help on next steps on troubleshooting.

I would imagine you check the line and load of the suspected relay.
but @RDspaguy will know.
I check for power where my pump lead plugs in (across the neutral and hot receptacle contacts) with the relay operated on and off from the control panel (with confirmed clicking sound) and there is no voltage when the relay is actuated. I suspected a fuse with this behaviour but the resistance across the fuse (pulled) is zero.

I have a generic hot tub with a Balboa control system, HS200VS control board (part number 55098). One of the two pump motors stopped running, everything else is fine. Opened up the panel, confirmed all fuses are good. When I turn the pump on from the control panel I hear the relay click. To test the pump I swapped the pump leads so that the non functioning pump is plugged into the connector for the pump that was running (they are both 240V) and sure enough the pump works, which tells me the pump / capacitor / thermal overload are fine. The relay is on a small circuit board separate from the main board. Looking for help on next steps on troubleshooting.
I also checked and confirmed that there is 240V going to the expansion board on which the relay sits. so power is getting to the relay, relay is clicking, but power is not coming out of the relay...seems I need to replace the expansion board (i.e. the relay) but would like validation from someone who knows more that I before dropping $70+HST. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.