Hot Tub Damage/Repair

plum4457

Feb 3, 2021
cory4457
I had a hot tub delivered today and it has damage to the outside shell and a bit to the fiberglass. The vendor compensated me and I am hoping to just repair it as it is on a part of the tub that isn't visible where it will sit. Any ideas on how I can repair this? hottub.jpg

Attachments

• hottub.jpg
    hottub.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 0
I should add, I am not looking to make it look perfect, it's on a side that's against the house. I am just not sure if I need to get it sealed to prevent water damage or anything else. I was thinking I could use epoxy or something, but am not certain.

The best glue for gluing acrylic or ABS is a product called Plast-aid. It's more than just glues and epoxies which only form mechanical bonds with the acrylic or abs substrate; it contains a solvent and plastic powder that actually forms molecular bonds (which are much stronger than mechanical bonds) with the substrate. You don't necessarily need it for this repair but if you were trying to repair a crack in the shell that causes the tub to leak or a crack in the abs plumbing that leaks, Plast-aid is by far the best product to use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.