Hopefully a new pool owner soon!

laanking

Jan 16, 2021
St. Louis, MO
Hello,
I am a single mom trying to make my 2 daughters' summers here in humid St. Louis the best that they can be. I really want a Salt Water System, but am getting such mixed messages from pool places ( it will ruin your pool, it won't be a problem). I plan on getting a 12 x 24' oval pool. I have found several that have Resin components, but all have steel walls. What are your experiences with Salt Water systems and how they affect your pool? Thanks so much for any information.

Welcome to TFP :)

All pools are salt water pools, after a few months there will be about 1000 ppm salt in a normal chlorine pool and after 2 years you will be above 2000 ppm.. A salt water pool is about 2000 to 4000 ppm and the ocean is about 32,000 ppm.... Any metal pool walls will rust it is just a matter of how fast, it may take 5 years and it may last 7 to 15 years..

There are complete resin pools out there, have the company buy one and install it for you or tell them you want an all resin pool... :)

Many on TFP including me have salt water pools and if my SWG died today I would have it replaced by tomorrow.. (y)

Reactions: Windylou
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.