Home Depot Muriatic Acid

RoyR

Bronze Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Escondido/CA
Did I just make a mistake - instead of the Swimming Pool Muriatic Acid (14.5%) I got the other stuff, 31.45% - poured some in the pool - one box says Balance on it?

Attachments

• thumbnail_61704808985__1ACF20C9-52DC-43C7-8A13-100D9658BD30.jpg
    thumbnail_61704808985__1ACF20C9-52DC-43C7-8A13-100D9658BD30.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I’ve used that one. Had to adjust the Baum in the Pool math app. That being said, that acid didn’t seem to have much of an effect on the pH when I’d add it. I had to add much more and still hardly got it to move. I clicked on this link expecting someone to say that certain batches were not very active .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, this is the one I use as well. As Oly said, hold your breath when pouring it, it is very noticeable if you inhale it. Pour slowly over a return, douse the bottle in the pool to avoid any getting on your decking, and just go slow.

NOTE: I personally don’t measure so that I avoid double handling and risking a spill. I simply eye-ball the level in the bottle. Just don’t inhale around the bottle when checking the level.

Reactions: dblko
Seems like there are two products, one is called "adjuster" in a white box and a pool ball picture on it , the other "balance" in a brown box as shown in the post above. Both show the same 34% strength on the label.

Which one is better to get for pool use? Which one has a yellow color you guys are talking about?

Adjuster:

Balancer:

Yet another product called Balancer in a white box, however with half the strength

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. In a previous thread on this forum I read that the yellow color might come from iron impurities. I would have guessed that the standards for drinking water and pool use would be higher than for cleaning and construction, but possibly its all the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.