Hole in the liner in the deep end. Caused from Muriatic Acid?

Are you seeing your water level dropping or just seeing this spot on the liner?

+1 to the nice clear water!!
Thank you. I've done a great job keeping it clear since I moved in last October!! (Surprised myself 😂) yes the water level is dropping slowly. I made sure to turn the pump off until this issue is fixed

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
I don't think that it is chemical damage or physical damage.

I would suspect that there was some sort of tape or something that was on the liner when the pattern was printed.

Most likely, the tape came off from all of the brushing and it left a white spot on the liner that is just missing ink.

I suspect that the diver will find just a smooth liner with a white spot and no damage.

Reactions: bronwynsmom24
Are you seeing your water level dropping or just seeing this spot on the liner?

+1 to the nice clear water!!
Thank you. I've done a great job keeping it clear since I moved in last October!! (Surprised myself 😂) yes the water level is dropping slowly. I made sure to turn the pump off until this issue is fixed
I don't think that it is chemical damage or physical damage.

I would suspect that there was some sort of tape or something that was on the liner when the pattern was printed.

Most likely, the tape came off from all of the brushing and it left a white spot on the liner that is just missing ink.

I suspect that the diver will find just a smooth liner with a white spot and no damage.
That would be AMAZING. The spot is actually a brighter blue color

I'll be scared to add acid again if it isn't.
Rest assured it wasn’t the acid. By the time it travelled that far across the pool it would have been well dispersed and there would have been other streaks on the way there. Maybe if it was in the area of the return where you poured it, but that’s not the case. So Yay. But still Boo !!! Good luck and keep us posted !!

Rest assured it wasn’t the acid. By the time it travelled that far across the pool it would have been well dispersed and there would have been other streaks on the way there. Maybe if it was in the area of the return where you poured it, but that’s not the case. So Yay. But still Boo !!! Good luck and keep us posted !!
I sure will thanks!

Reactions: Newdude
Are you sure that the pool is leaking?

When did the leaking start?

If it's leaking, there might be a puncture in the liner or a leak around a fitting, steps or light.

Have the diver check for a leak as needed.
I'm assuming it started losing water yesterday at some point bc the water was a little above the dots on the skimmer where the water line should be. When I got home yesterday evening, it was under the dots

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe someone backwashed?

Maybe a leak at the waste line?

With clear water, you can actually see a hole in the liner from the deck.

Walk around and look for a hole in the liner.

Mark the level and check it a few times a day.

Maybe someone backwashed?

Maybe a leak at the waste line?

With clear water, you can actually see a hole in the liner from the deck.

Walk around and look for a hole in the liner.

Mark the level and check it a few times a day.
Okay, I will do that. I'm off Friday-sunday So I can keep a good check on it starting tomorrow

Reactions: JamesW
Y'all! It was a piece of a pool float the dogs chewed up stuck to the bottom🤦‍♀️ The diver even tried to move it before getting his gear on and was like, yeah, it's a good side tear. Then he got in and touched it with his finger and it floated right up😂😂 I feel stupid but oh so HAPPY🙌🙌🙌
He went ahead and went around the whole pool and found 2 tiny pin size holes in the corners, probably caused by ants, and patched those, but said they were so small, I probably would have never noticed them

Y'all! It was a piece of a pool float the dogs chewed up stuck to the bottom🤦‍♀️ The diver even tried to move it before getting his gear on and was like, yeah, it's a good side tear. Then he got in and touched it with his finger and it floated right up😂😂 I feel stupid but oh so HAPPY🙌🙌🙌
He went ahead and went around the whole pool and found 2 tiny pin size holes in the corners, probably caused by ants, and patched those, but said they were so small, I probably would have never noticed them
In hind sight, I can totally see that looking at your picture. Good news in any case!!

I feel stupid but oh so HAPPY🙌🙌🙌
I will GLADLY take looking like a fool and no ugly patch that will scream out to you anytime you are near the pool. Any day of the week. Most people would never see it, but you ??? every time forever.

And you got a great anecdotal story to share during friend gatherings.

Win-Win. :)

I will GLADLY take looking like a fool and no ugly patch that will scream out to you anytime you are near the pool. Any day of the week. Most people would never see it, but you ??? every time forever.

And you got a great anecdotal story to share during friend gatherings.

Win-Win. :)
I agree!! I got a good laugh from it😂 But my happiness shot through the roof. Woooowhooo.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.