Hole In Filter by Laterals


May 24, 2010
I have a Hayward e-series high rate sand filter. I have recently been getting sand into my pool, so I decided to replace the sand. Glad I decided to, there is a hold in the bottom where the laterals screw in to. I don't know what part this is, could anyone help me out please? Also where would I get it and it seems like the pipe coming into the white piece is glued in, how would I get that off? Thank you all so much in advance!!!



TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
I'd call it a manifold, but Hayward calls it "Lateral Assembly with Center Pipe" and yes, the verticle pipe is part of it. Here's a manual for one that looks like yours. Page 2. Check your model number, then get the part number, and google that. Plenty of online parts places will have it, I'm sure.

Other Threads of Interest