Hmmm...got a leak.

stimpsonjcat

Bronze Supporter
Feb 23, 2016
Dawsonville, GA
I have a small exercise pool and spa.

poolday9_2016.jpg

Pool is 4000 gallons, spa is 400 gallons.

Over the last few months I have started losing water.

I recently disabled the recirc feature of my control system (it normally exercises pool, the spa, then refills spa from pool and shuts off. Every morning) to try to sort out which is leaking. It appeared to be the spa. Now the installer had added a conduit to add a light to the spa, against my instructions, and I had plugged it with a plug. So I figured the plug had most likely started to fail. So I drained the spa and permanently sealed that connection. Refilled and nope, still have a leak.

I have scoured the exposed plumbing on the equipment pad in very dry weather and cannot find any leaks.

I have looked in the gap between the house and the pool/spa wall and see no evidence of a leak.

I guess I can check to see if it is the jet piping or the bottom supply piping to the spa by turning the controls back off for a day with the selector valve in each of those positions.

Single pump setup.

Any other thoughts?

I am not sure about the rate of loss, and I am sure it will be asked, so I will try to sort that out if the above test reveals the leak is in the spa return piping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.