High Temperatures

DeathB4Me

Jun 22, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi, recently i noticed my pool water level goes down and i have been reading that is normal. Normally it losses about 1 or 2 inches in two and a half days, but sometimes it goes down about 3 to 3 1/2 in in three or four days. I live in Las Vegas, NV and the normal summer temp is about 102 F the highest is about 110 F.
Is the water loss normal or at least in the normal range for the temp?

niceguymr

May 28, 2010
DeathB4Me said:
Hi, recently i noticed my pool water level goes down and i have been reading that is normal but sometimes it goes down about 3 to 3 1/2 in in three or four days. I live in Las Vegas, NV and the normal summer temp is about 102 F the highest is about 110 F.
Is the water loss normal or at least in the normal range for the temp?

I lose an inch or so every couple of days in the summer. I'm in South FL.

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
You can do a bucket test to check. Fill a bucket partially with water, put it next to the pool, and see if the level goes down at the same rate as the pool. If the pool drops faster, you have a leak.

DeathB4Me

Jun 22, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I did that and left it for 3 days. on the second day i saw that the pool water was a little lower than the bucket but the next day i checked it was the same again. what was that about?

geekgranny

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 20, 2009
North Central Texas
Melt In The Sun said:
I hear ya, my wife likes it hot and keeps putting the cover on. It was 100 yesterday when I got home from work! :hammer:
:shock: 100-102 is our normal spa soaking temp, year round. In summer we like it a little less than 100 during day. So basically you have a big spool. :p

gg=alice

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
jlbaker999 The Deep End... 0
mariane The Deep End... 4
S Testing and Balancing Your Water 5

Other Threads of Interest