Wichita Falls, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
i had been using pucks for a year and a half and cya was through the roof so I did and 80 percent drain and fill. So I am assuming low salt as we have good water.
I added 400 lbs of salt and according to my new aquachek salt strips I am at 4000 ppm. The new cell and sensor says I am at 4700. I took a sample to Leslies pool and they put the reading at 3200.
What do I trust and is there a way to calibrate the new sensor

Alf,

I only trust my Taylor K-1766 salt test kit. Very accurate... I never trust what the cell says unless I know it is in the ballpark.. I never, ever trust a pool store, and if I did Leslie's would not be on my trusted list.. Ever. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: ajgraham
Get a K-1766 salt test kit and verify the salinity before you do anything else.

Brush the pool 3 x and circulate continuously for 24 hours.

Recheck everything.

Salinity Calibration
• Press the “Salinity” button and hold it until it beeps 3 times.

The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds.

Release the button after the 3rd beep.

• Press and release the “Temperature “ button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen.

• The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrow to increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading.

• When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature” button within 5 seconds to store it in memory.

I will get a test kit coming....but I went to another local pool store and the gave me the same salt reading...within 100 ppm. So having 2 test that are close and am close to what I think it should be due to the amount of salt I added I went ahead and calibrated the cell based on what James steps were. Thank for all the help. I just hope it works as it should as I haven't had much luck with Jandy salt cells. I ordered it before I knew about circupool cells.

Reactions: JamesW
I will get a test kit coming....but I went to another local pool store and the gave me the same salt reading...within 100 ppm. So having 2 test that are close and am close to what I think it should be due to the amount of salt I added I went ahead and calibrated the cell based on what James steps were. Thank for all the help. I just hope it works as it should as I haven't had much luck with Jandy salt cells. I ordered it before I knew about circupool cells.
Hi Alf. I read your thread and am having the same issue. My brand new Jandy1400 display is reading about 600ppm higher than I think it should be. It's producing chlorine the first night I turned it on. Did calibrating it seem to work for you? Any issues since?

Thanks

Hi Alf. I read your thread and am having the same issue. My brand new Jandy1400 display is reading about 600ppm higher than I think it should be. It's producing chlorine the first night I turned it on. Did calibrating it seem to work for you? Any issues since?

Thanks
Everything since my calibration seems to be good. Now that the water has warmed up it seems a lot more stable than it was a few months ago.

Reactions: SecoSteve
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.