high salt level in non salt pool

trae*

Aug 15, 2017
katy,tx
So i checked my salt level recently with the taylor kit and its showing 4000ppm .

the last time i checked it was about 1600 .. that was a while back but it just doesn't seem possible that acid and bleach added that much salt.

is there something else that could be causing a high reading or adding to the levels? i almost dont believe its reading correct since the water does not taste that salty to me but i have measured it multiple times.

Liquid chlorine, muriatic acid, people, all add salt.

4000 ppm does sound high. Especially because you get rain which should overflow the pool on occasion.

The Taylor K1766 is typically quite accurate. Go over your test procedure to be sure you used the correct multiplier for the test volume you used.

How long is “a while back” in Texas speak?

Hard to get that amount of salt rise in 6 months from chemicals.

Yea I’m an idiot . Finally caught my mistake. Had been testing with 25ml like everything else . Tested with 10 and it’s right where it should be now at 1800 slightly up from the 1600 last time . Crisis averted lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.