my other numbers are
pH7.9
FC 4.11
CC - 0
TC 4.11
CYA 35
alk 100
hardness 230

my options are to do nothing, as my water appears clear and no signs of algae. or I could throw in some
phos out, which involves the pool getting cloudy for 4 days and lots of vacumning etc.

thoughts?

The Mermaid Queen

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
Northern KY
skip it! Unless you level is way-super-higher than what was being discussed, someone (waterbear? JasonLion?) has said the high-phos angle is just the latest and greatest way for the pool store to separate your money from your wallet!

see the last post on this thread.

gonefishin

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
Joliet, Il.
You may want to verify your Ph level. The pool store has it at 7.9 which is a little high...you could use one of the calculator programs to find out how much acid you need to bring it down.

I think I have the JasonLion calc linked in my signature...check it out>>>

dan

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Combining both posts above is the best advice I think you'll get. Ignore the phos and lower the pH to around 7.4

crazycanuck

Mar 29, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the advice, I will bring down the pH today, just need to get to the backyard with the acid.
I do notice that this year my pool is taking a lot more acid than it did last year. Anyways, thanks for the advice. The pool
store did say I could just leave it alone as nothing may happen, so they are not completely trying to hose me.