High daily uv chlorine loss/cya level

Good afternoon everyone,

Just curious what those of you who are in super sunny, hot areas like me (Dallas/Fort Worth) keep your CYA level at. I'm currently at 50 and thinking about bumping mine up to 60ppm, but don't want to get into any trouble with overstabilization. My pool is in full sun all day (11-12 hours), and has been using 4-6ppm in a given day. I don't lose any chlorine overnight.

Would taking CYA up to 60ppm help, or am I just at the mercy of the hot summer sun? This is my first summer in this house and with the pool so I'm still learning all my pools quirks. TIA

Stacie

My pool gets about 9 hours of sun and I was losing about 3 ppm per day at CYA=60. I bumped it to 80 as the Chlorine / CYA Chart suggests and am currently losing between 1 and 1.5 ppm. I start around 6.0 FC in the morning and it is around 5.0 in the evening. Keeping in mind that the SWCG is making up some of the loss during the day.

The chart does work and I can see me reducing the run time in the near future.

My pool gets about 9 hours of sun and I was losing about 3 ppm per day at CYA=60. I bumped it to 80 as the Chlorine / CYA Chart suggests and am currently losing between 1 and 1.5 ppm. I start around 6.0 FC in the morning and it is around 5.0 in the evening. Keeping in mind that the SWCG is making up some of the loss during the day.

The chart does work and I can see me reducing the run time in the near future.
Thanks. I don’t have a SWG so I’m manually dosing. One day I’ll upgrade. Unfortunately I didn’t keep up well enough with the daily losses and my water this morning was just a bit hazy. Not cloudy, and I could see the bottom perfectly, but not TFPC sparkling so I’ve started another SLAM (hoping it’s a quick fix). I’m already seeing it clear up, so hopefully I caught it before it took a serious turn. After I finish, I may try to increase my CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.