High copper level

Rawlings

Jul 7, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Hello, my local pool shop is telling me my copper is high. Last week I added 100mL of metasol and this week I need to add another 45mL. They say I need to add it weekly. They think it is from my heater. My pool was installed September 2019. This is our first full season. Any advice?
Thank you

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I'm not familiar with that specific product, by I'm assuming it's a sequestrant of some sort to try and contain the copper. Just understand that any sequestrant doesn't remove the copper, it only "tries" to keep it in soluble form so it can't stain the pool. The only way to remove copper in the water is to do a water exchange, or at least a very healthy one to lower the copper level. You also need to ID the source of the copper, and the heater core is certainly a possibility. They can erodes if the pH was allowed to dip too low. A full set of water test results would be good to see at this point.

Reactions: Rawlings
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.