Nebraska
TC-8 Just shocked pool
CC-0
pH-7.5
TA-110
CH-750 to 800
Borates-50

Refill water CH is 450

Pool is extremely clear, I do notice a little white dust on bottom of pool when I sweep been dealing with a lot of dirt on floor of pool so I assumed it was just the dirt but it is sometimes slightly white. All the posts I've read said high CH is manageable. So where should I have my pH and TA? We have a water softener for the house could I use soft water for refill? Should I let the rain refill my pool and what, if any would the negative side effects be from using rain water refill? I have an autocover and pool is only uncovered when swimming or shocking so no rain water gets in.

Thanks

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
I suggest you start working on lowering your TA down to around 60 or 70.

Using softened water for topping off the pool would be a huge help. Also check your tap water CH level every month or two. Most people find that it is much lower at certain times of year, which is a good time to do water replacement.

ROB N

Nov 26, 2010
Calera, Al
What is your CYA? If you are shocking you probably are fluffing up the dead algae when sweeping. Topping off with rain water is fine...Lower your TA to between 60-70

OP
OP
HuskerFan_1

HuskerFan_1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Nebraska
Sorry forgot CYA. It is at 50. The only reason I shocked the pool was I pulled the light fixture out to see if the conduit was cracked, searching for a leak that's another topic, and all kinds of nasty stuff came out from behind the light so I dumped a gallon of bleach in by the light fixture. Trying to be one step ahead. Thought maybe the white stuff might be calcium precipitate.