AlexisD

Apr 11, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all, first time in this great side with a lot of information that i need. Thanks here is my yesterday water test results. 1 place recommend empty and refill,the other 1 said add acid 1 gallon. My water is cloudy i stop all chemicals until figure this out.Any help welcome.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20210411_061821.jpg
    20210411_061821.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210411_061853.jpg
    20210411_061853.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 51
HI Alexis!! Welcome to TFP! Sorry to hear your water is cloudy. You sure have come to the right place to get it clear again!!! I have some light reading for you to get you set up learning how to properly care for your pool. Here is a link to get you started:

To REALLY properly care for your pool you need your own test kit. Here is a link to show you want kits we use: Test Kits Compared

I can hear you now............"But Kim the pool store will test it for free". But is it REALLY free? Look up how much the stuff they want you to buy will cost you IF you bought it from the pool store. Now look at this link: Recommended Pool Chemicals - Trouble Free Pool notice that this stuff can be bought at Target, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot!!! How neat is that??? AND it is a LOT cheaper from these places!!!

Now go find some liquid chlorine to add to your pool each day until your test kit gets there.

• Love
Reactions: Newdude and AlexisD
Is a start i order the 2006C and the taylor salt kit. And go from there,the last week i did 3 shocks and 1 jug.Then clarifier and what not. Still dull and no clear. Running vs pump 16 hrs a day.

Hi all, first time in this great side with a lot of information that i need. Thanks here is my yesterday water test results. 1 place recommend empty and refill,the other 1 said add acid 1 gallon. My water is cloudy i stop all chemicals until figure this out.Any help welcome.
Thanks
You indicate that this was done on same day (can only see the date on the PaP test results). Was it the same water sample taken to 2 different pool stores?
If so, you can see the inconsistency with pool store testing. The only number that was reasonably close was TDS and as indicated by others - not really important. This is why self testing is so important to obtain great pool results.

Let do some house keeping to help us help you. Can you please fill out your signature. Go up to your name and click on it to pull down the window. Fill in kind of pool (above or in ground, vinyl or plaster), size in gallons, kind of filter (sand, cartridge, DE). That will help us know how best to guide you.

For right now I want you to find some liquid chlorine (about 5 gallons) do NOT buy bleach unless you can find plain bleach without any of the spashless, or chlormax as those additives can cause problems with you water.

Once you let us know how many gals your pool is we can guide your on how much chlorine to add to your pool each day. THis will keep your pool from getting any worse.

Once your test kit gets there then we can start you doing a SLAM as seen here: SLAM Process

Also keep your pump going and brush the pool at least once a day to make sure to let your filter start picking up some of the stuff in the water.

Take a pic of your water so we can see what stage you are at.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: AlexisD
Wow thanks for all the replies.Actually i did the shock after the testing,with out knowing the results.Because i have the bottle of water in the car for 2 days. And for the profile i fill that 1 up,is inground plaster pool,12000 gls.Also here is my set up new Harris 1 1/2 vs pump and 150sq ft cartridge,installed last sunday.

Attachments

• 20210411_150527.jpg
    20210411_150527.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210411_150522.jpg
    20210411_150522.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210411_150516.jpg
    20210411_150516.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210411_151355.jpg
    20210411_151355.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210411_151345.jpg
    20210411_151345.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210411_151340.jpg
    20210411_151340.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210411_151415.jpg
    20210411_151415.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 24
Let do some house keeping to help us help you. Can you please fill out your signature. Go up to your name and click on it to pull down the window. Fill in kind of pool (above or in ground, vinyl or plaster), size in gallons, kind of filter (sand, cartridge, DE). That will help us know how best to guide you.

For right now I want you to find some liquid chlorine (about 5 gallons) do NOT buy bleach unless you can find plain bleach without any of the spashless, or chlormax as those additives can cause problems with you water.

Once you let us know how many gals your pool is we can guide your on how much chlorine to add to your pool each day. THis will keep your pool from getting any worse.

Once your test kit gets there then we can start you doing a SLAM as seen here: SLAM Process

Also keep your pump going and brush the pool at least once a day to make sure to let your filter start picking up some of the stuff in the water.

Take a pic of your water so we can see what stage you are at.

Kim:kim:
I have 2 jugs of chlorine that i got yesterday,but yesterday the guy from the pool place told me to add 1 gallon of acid wich i did just in case.

Just wait till you get your very own testing kit and add nothing to the pool except 5 ppm of liquid chlorine daily. When the kit arrives give us a complete set of numbers and the guidance shall begin.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bet that acid was not fun to pour that much of! I hope you were wearing goggles or glasses to protect your eyes just in case.

I am worried what the gallon of acid did to your pH. Do you happen to have a pH tester laying around somewhere? If so run a pH test and see where the pH is right now.

Your pool water is not that bad. We have seen MUCH worse. There was one that had plants growing in it and fish, turles, and all kinds of critter livingin it!

Just wait till you get your very own testing kit and add nothing to the pool except 5 ppm of liquid chlorine daily. When the kit arrives gives a complete set of numbers and the guidance shall begin.
How much is 5 PPM ? If you dont mind thanks.I ask because the test show like 3 ppm now.

I have 2 jugs of chlorine that i got yesterday,but yesterday the guy from the pool place told me to add 1 gallon of acid wich i did just in case.
You must have been told to add MA by Pinch A Penny because their test values show pH & TA was high which MA is used to lower. When you use MA, it is best to add in stages or you can drop your pH too quickly too far. So adding a quart (or less) at a time may work best The Leslie's test results showed no need for MA. This is why pool store results are inconsistent

You can buy 10% Liquid Chlorine at Pinch A Pinch in 2.5gal jugs for about $8 (TX price) whereas at Leslie's you can purchase 4 gals of 12.5% LC at $20. You can also purchase 10% LC at Home Deport for $16 for 4 gals. I have found that PaP 2.5gal jug to be the better value.

Also, for future use, testing 2 day old water after sitting in your vehicle does not represent what you have in your pool today. All the better when you get your test kit and can do it yourself.
See this video for how testing is done to help guide you. It uses the TFTest kit but the reagents and process is the same if you have the K2006 test kit.

You must have been told to add MA by Pinch A Penny because their test values show pH & TA was high which MA is used to lower. When you use MA, it is best to add in stages or you can drop your pH too quickly too far. So adding a quart (or less) at a time may work best The Leslie's test results showed no need for MA. This is why pool store results are inconsistent

You can buy 10% Liquid Chlorine at Pinch A Pinch in 2.5gal jugs for about $8 (TX price) whereas at Leslie's you can purchase 4 gals of 12.5% LC at $20. You can also purchase 10% LC at Home Deport for $16 for 4 gals. I have found that PaP 2.5gal jug to be the better value.

Also, for future use, testing 2 day old water after sitting in your vehicle does not represent what you have in your pool today. All the better when you get your test kit and can do it yourself.
See this video for how testing is done to help guide you. It uses the TFTest kit but the reagents and process is the same if you have the K2006 test kit.
My test kit is comming this week the 2006C,and the salt kit too.And yes they told me to use the whole gallon. Lets see thanks a lot to all.

My update so far, my 2006Ckit is coming thursday , and the salt kit is coming next week. i downloaded the pool math app. I only add 1 jug of chlorine the pool still cloudy, the pump is working 16 hrs is a variable speed pump. Also i order the speed stir.

Reactions: HermanTX
Ok i will, you think my water will be clear and nice again?
Oh yes!! Once you can test and monitor what is happening daily with your levels.
Have you read up on SLAM Process. It may not be needed but best to be aware of the process as it could take several days.
There have been far worst situations posted on TFP that have reached utopia with a crystal clear pool via TFP. For now, follow what @kimkats has advised in the interim.

Reactions: kimkats and AlexisD
I got the 2006C kit and reading and learning. Watch videos and read. So far here is some results, i cant finished because no ligth outside. And i use glasses.
FC = not done
Cc= not done
Ph= 7.8
TA = not done
CH=350 / i will do it again
CYA=35
I brush the pool,skimmed,water still cloudy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.