Hi all!

cynic

May 7, 2016
Vancleave, MS
Hi, I'm Steve and I'm a newish pool owner.

Bought in late 2014 but paid for pool service through the end of September last year. I've nursed it along since then, basically adding salt here and there and more or less going primarily off the SWG readings and test strips. As the time approached to open for the year I thought I'd best get more serious about making sure the water was indeed safe.

I've been lurking long enough to have things running fairly smoothly, and fortunately have no significant problems yet. I am thinking I'll add boric acid soon but have no clue if it was ever added before so I'm awaiting the test strips to determine amount. I do have some very mild discoloration of the white plastic areas that has been present for as long as we've owned the place, but hasn't changed in 1.5 years.

I'm working my way through pool school and am loving the ease of calculator.

I think that's it for now. I just wanted to drop in and thanks everyone here for contributing to a resource like this. I'm sure it will remain invaluable and I see LOTS of use in my future.

Welcome to TFP and adding your signature. Now, no one will ask for that info and take you another half hour to disclose. :mrgreen: