Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2016
Cookeville Tn
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have been a member of TFP for about 3-4 yrs, I guess. I am average in the smarts area but for whatever reason my brain could never connect the chorine with the cya , the ph with alkalinity and so forth. So Iā€™d get discouraged and go back to the pool products either from a pool supply place, Walmart etc. . But I still had a lot of algae outbreaks and was not successful in clearing them up for more than a few days at a time and then - much to my dismay - they surely came back to haunt me. Just recently I had a huge algae outbreak and had done more than one cure all treatment and was not being successful in getting rid of it. So I came back to TFP for help. Made a post and got some advice. But my algae did not go away again. (I may or may not have followed the advice exactly šŸ˜©). So I decided to do the TFP SLAM! It took a few days but the algae did deminish, was not going away completely and had an orange cast to it. I completed the reg slam and then did the ā€œorangeā€ algae routine! How happy was I when the algae was not showing on the liner of the pool and the water was crystal clear! I am now in the 3rd/4th week of using bleach to sanitize with and my pool is crystal clear and no visible algae! Iā€™m saying all this to try to encourage new members or those with limited chemical knowledge to hang in there! I may be slow but Iā€™m so pleased that I didnā€™t give up! I really think I have hit on a solution to keeping a beautiful, clear pool for my kids, grands and greats to enjoy. Thanks to all who have ever responded to any post I have made!

full

Reactions: Snoobug
Akin to baking a cake and not following the recipe. You can substitute the ingredients and not follow all the steps but realize it will not turn out like the picture and will taste foul. The recipe has been tested over time. Thanks for confirming your experience. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.