Help

hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
I think i really messed up, I went to lower my ph and instead of using baking soda I used baking soda detergent,(laudry soap)
i bought it at walmart and it looked just like the Armor Hammer box of soda...
so now what do i do... they are coming tommrow to close th pool...

waste

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Coastalish 'down easter'
Sorry to hear this! :(

Best I can think of, off the top of my head, is lotsa chlorine or an enzyme -- and I'm not sure either of them would fully do the job :cry:

I just wanted to respond quickly, seeing as you have so little time.

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
My advice would be the same as Ted's. I would use both enzymes and a very high level (shock) of chlorine at the same time.

How big was the box?

Butterfly

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2007
South Carolina
You might want to postpone your closing....

hayfarmer said:
..... I went to lower my ph and instead of using baking soda I used baking soda detergent,(laudry soap)
We use baking soda to raise the TA (and it will also raise the pH slightly).

I also agree with Ted & Dave that you need an enzyme fighter/remover (like Pool Perfect) and bleach to help.

hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
the box was 7.8lbs, it did bring up the ph where i wanted it... but have a few bubbles to.. but not to bad
I do have to FC up at shock levle because i am closing it tommrow... they are going to blow out the lines and put the loop and loc on for me...
I think iam going to leave it alone and hope for the best next spring... thanks everyone for there advice...
this may be a lesson learned...

hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
sorry guess after reading my first post again, I really meant to say i went to raise my PH not lower it... so sorry for the confusion..
what happened is that my ph was high 8.4 and i went to lower it and put to much MA and it went down to 6.2. so I wanted to raise the ph back up to around 7.4 and i bought some Armor hammer soda( I thought) it turned out to be soda laundry soap.. it did raise it up to where i wanted it... so i guess it was not all that bad
And after looking at the pool chemistry on here... i see it says to use soda ash or washing soda..
so maybe not all that bad,, i hope...
sorry for all confusion, but my mind has not been to good this week, I am waiting to see if the mass in my Colan is cancer of not...
thanks everyone for the help

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Goodness! Don't worry about the pool, I don't think the soap will do any permanent damage. Since you are facing a serious health concern you have a right to feel a little scrambled. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck!

hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
Thanks everyone for the well wishes... I found out today that it is in deed colon cancer, I will have surgery late next week to remove it and then on to chemo and radiation... life is grand, would not change a thing. this is just a bump in the road...
thanks again everyone
jim

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
I'll pray for a successful surgery and complete recovery for you, Jim. Wishing for the best for you and your family.

hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
I don't export hay myself, I sell to a broker and they do.. they are one of the biggest exporters there is... Anderson hay and Grain.. they buy from all over and sell all over the world
jim

G

Yup, their big time. By chance did you go to the NHA meeting in Kentucky this year?

hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
Hi Everyone,
just wanted to let everyone know that was praying for me and thinking of me back in oct... The very good news is that I am cancer Free...Had surgery and did chemo... While as free as you can get, never 100%.
I am looking forward to a great summer in the pool with the family...
thanks again everyone
jim