Help with vacuum to waste

Labradabra

Dec 9, 2017
Kings mountain nc
Am I doing something wrong? My yard flooded into my pool. It is brown and full of dirt/debris. I am new to vacuuming to waste: here is what I did: hooked up vacuum hose to skimmer (with skimmer basket in place) closed main drain, turned filter lever to waste and started pump. I have good suction at the skimmer. When I turned it off after a few mins the skimmer basket has no debris in it but the pump basket is full of debris. Shouldn't it have gone into the skimmer basket? I don't want to mess anything up so not sure if that is normal for the debris to go into pump basket and not skimmer
Thank you for any help!

How about adding a skimmer sock to the skimmer basket. Either a hosiery leg, lunchroom lady cap or a real "skimmer sock" sold by pool stores. Insert inside the basket and stretch over the sides. That would help collect the debris that's slipping thru your basket.

Maddie :flower:

Lab,

How did you hook the vacuum hose to the skimmer?

If the debris is small enough to get through the skimmer basket it should also pass through the pump and out the waste port.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.