Help with understanding my CC level

shacke

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
134
Philadelphia
I had a CC level of 1.0 and shocked the pool down to a level of 0.0

2 days later, with the help of rain, FC drifted down to 9.5 and I have a CC of 0.5 already today. No heavy swimming since the shock.

Does this suggest algae, is it the rain, something else .... or is this normal? I don't know how long it would take to get the CC back to 1.0 but I figured I would ask and get a better understanding of what may be going on first. I hear lots here about people never shocking their pool and I want to get on that bus too! :whoot:

Thanks

Evan

This morning's tests:

temp 84
ph 7.2 (reducing TA a the moment)
TA 100 (down from 130 thanks to tfp :-D )
CH 220
FC 9.5
CC 0.5
CYA 70
 

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
37,880
Silver Spring, MD
Having CC show up as 0.5 on the test isn't a problem. Chances are that it is very near zero. If the pool gets lots of sunlight and you maintain the correct FC level, you don't usually get CC, or only a tiny bit that reads as 0.5 on the test. There could be something more complex going on, but until CC goes higher than 0.5 I wouldn't worry about it.
 

shacke

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
134
Philadelphia
Thanks Jason. I will keep an eye on it and take it from there. I don't typically get lots of sunlight, BTW.
 

Other Threads of Interest