Help with SLAM and poolmath app

suerou

Jun 25, 2018
Charlton ma
I am back to the site after opening my pool last week. Just became introduced to poolmath app. I measured all of my levels and installed the poolmath app on my phone. I don't understand how to use the app to help with what my slam chlorine levels should be. Last year I just used the pool math on your site. It told me how much to add as I went through the SLAM process. Do i need to subscribe and pay? My levels are as follows:

CYA - not becoming cloudy at all with Taylor K-2006 test kit so lower than 30
PH 7.0
FC 6
CC .6
TA 50
CH 40

I am happy to pay for app if that's whats needed. Just confused on new process.

The web based Poolmath is still here - see PoolMath

To store and share your Poolmath data, you do need to subscribe. Also set up your pool information and login using your TFP login.

You enter your test data into the app. Be sure to select the check mark in upper right to save the data. Then go to Overview, select the parameter you wish to adjust and a screen will show giving recommendations.

Was there CYA in this water before? If so, you should add 20 ppm worth of CYA using the sock method.

It is best to have at least 30 ppm CYA in the water to follow the SLAM Process

Yes I had CYA levels set for last year. I did empty water before closing in the Fall. I tested the CYA twice this morning just to be sure. I will add to bring CYA up because I need to SLAM. Thanks again, appreciate the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.