Help with Skimmer Line Clog

Velicos

May 31, 2020
Tampa, FL
Hey TFP Community,
It's been years since I've been on here - largely because I spent quite a while here initially when I bought my pool and things have been working well. HOWEVER.. I recently went through a divorce, and my ex was living here for more than a year with my young children while I was living elsewhere during our separation. One day when I came to pick up the kids, I noticed the skimmer basket was removed and dozens of toys were in the pool... and since then, the skimmer has at times barely worked at all, to the point my pool vacuum won't even run. When I turn the suction line to skimmer only, the pump runs dry - there's clearly a blockage.

That said, I'm running out of ideas to fix this. I've tried a drain bladder with pressure on the other end. I've tried a plumber's snake but can't get it through one or two of the 90 degree angles in the pipes.. it gets jammed. I've called the LPS and even the company that remodeled my pool when I moved in - and none of them know what to do either.

I'm at a loss as to what I do at this point. Call a professional plumber? Anyone else have any ideas that may help here? It's amazingly difficult to find help online for this - beyond the things I've already tried. Help!!! :)

Call a professional plumber?
Unfortunately that may be your final resort since the pressure bladder and your own snake couldn't seem to reach or dislodge items from the areas you noted. You can always post some pics of your pool and equipment pad so we can see everything you are dealing with just in case it helps us think of something else. It sounds as though you do at least have a main drain to pull water from correct?

Unfortunately that may be your final resort since the pressure bladder and your own snake couldn't seem to reach or dislodge items from the areas you noted. You can always post some pics of your pool and equipment pad so we can see everything you are dealing with just in case it helps us think of something else. It sounds as though you do at least have a main drain to pull water from correct?

I do have a main drain. The concern is more being able to vacuum and filter bugs/etc. that land on the surface. I'm fortunate in that I have a screened in patio.. keeps the bugs out except all the tiny gnats that come in and die overnight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.