Mar 17, 2015
Knoxville, TN
All right to start here are my specs:
15,000 gal vinyl
Superflow-vs pump (1.5hp)
Speed options from 600-3450
Three programmable "steps"
Intellichlor-20 (ic-20)
Filter Pentair cartridge ccp320 (320 sq ft)
Skimmers are both aqua genie

What I need is help coming up with a schedule to run my pump that will balance filtration, chlorine generation, and pump speed (save on electric).

Any suggestions would be great.

Latest test:
4.5 ppm fc
0 cc
7.4 ph
80 ppm TA
80 ppm cya
3500 ppm salt

You want the lowest speed that still allows the skimmers to be effective and the SWG to be happy. The only way to figure that out is to experiment. Once you have a suitable speed, run just a little faster than that to give yourself a little safety margin. For pump run time, I would start at 6 hours a day and then adjust up or down a little from there. Lengthen the run time if you can't produce enough chlorine, or try shortening the run time if everything is going really well.

You should bump the swg to a higher percent or increase your pump run time so you can get your chlorine up. Maybe add some liquid chlorine to get it higher, and then see how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cell is a bit small for that size pool. IC20 adds only 0.7 lbs per day which is a little less than 2 ppm for 10 hours at 80%. That is about 40% extinction at 4.5 ppm so not out of line.

Based on some light research and crude math I came up with this. One pound of chlorine is roughly equivalent to a gallon of 12% liquid chlorine. The IC20 makes .7lbs/day running 24/7 at 100%. Running at 80% for 10 hours, yours is making .23lbs/day. If your pool uses 2ppm FC a day, you would need 30 ounces of 12% liquid chlorine per day. Your .23lb is equivalent to about 29.5 ounces of liquid chlorine. You need to raise run time or percent output, or get an IC40 which will output more chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It doesn't matter. It's life is based on the amount of time it runs overall. 1 hour at 100% or 10hrs at 10% decreases it's life the same amount. The cell itself is still seeing the same voltage and amperage at 80% and 100% it is just cycling off occasionally when set at 80%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.