Help with pump schedule.

Apr 8, 2017
Hesperia, CA
Hi every one....

Ok, we got our first electric bill in and all I can say is OUCH !!! However, we are using the default settings on our Pentair VS pump.

I am a total newb and this is my first pool. I would like to customize my settings to be more energy efficient. Based on my signature, can someone please help me come up with a schedule for the pump, what RPM and for how long a day ?

Thank you in advance...

Mike

Simple answer is as low an RPM as possible and for as short as possible.

I would start with 4 hours at 1000 RPM and see if the skimmers are capturing enough debris for your liking.

But before you change run time, how are you chlorinating?

Ok, so as long as you are not relying on your Ozone generator, which I wouldn't then you can pretty much run as short as you want. If you are manually dosing it doesn't take much run time for just circulation. Probably less than 1 hour for your size pool. Plus the robot helps with that too. The rest of run time is just for removing debris so it is more of a personal choice as to what you can tolerate

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.