Help with my test results please

Jul 10, 2020
Kaufman Tx
Newbie here! I have recently switched to trouble free pool methodology because I couldnt seems to be consistent with either Leslie's or HTH test strips. Currently my situation is my free chlorine is not registering after using pool math and adding the correct dosage of recommend it d bleach. Help!

I did a full test albeit was my first time user of the test. It tests for FC,CC,PH,TA,CH,CYA. I put all info into pool math and did the requested additions. FC is still showing 0 CC showing 0-1
Check your data. What you have posted has some non-realistic data. FC of 0 but CC of 12. TA of 12.
100 is the limit of the CYA test, so you have to do a diluted test. Mix 50% pool water with 50% tap water. Use this mixed sample as your test water. Multiply the result by 2 for your CYA level.

Check your data. What you have posted has some non-realistic data. FC of 0 but CC of 12. TA of 12.
100 is the limit of the CYA test, so you have to do a diluted test. Mix 50% pool water with 50% tap water. Use this mixed sample as your test water. Multiply the result by 2 for your CYA level.
Sorry the CC should be 2...and for pool math should I always put in rpm number?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, your CYA really dropped. Did you do a large water exchange since the last time you were with us? Numbers aren't bad except for the FC. You need to keep that higher with liquid chlorine or regular bleach as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. This time of year, if you let the FC drop too low you can get algae very quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.