Help with my chloramine smelling swamp

Jul 19, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Hello everyone, it’s that time of year again.
Getting right to it, I’m starting with a dark green swamp, with lots of pollen in it. Scooped out leaves and other debris off the bottom. Added chlorine over the last two days. Really strong chloramine smell or so I assume it to be. I have read that break point may not apply. I read some of Chemgeek’s stuff on the subject but I’m not clear what to do here.
How I got here. Pool had a leak, bad repair people and bad advice. This resulted in leaving the pool uncovered all winter. It is about 1/2 to 2/3 full, as my fill water source is slow. Pump is finally running. The returns are above the waterline and splashing into the water like fountain. Is that a good thing right now?
FC 0.5
CC 1
Didn’t measure CYA cuz water is turbid already.
Very Light turquoise water
Should SLAM or do the breakpoint thing?

We need a full set of test results. The smell is the combined chlorine. To get rid of it you need more chlorine but how much? This is why we need test results from a reliable test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.