Help with first test and poop in diaper

Hello.

Our pool got done about 1.5 months ago and was relying on the pool store to keep the pool balanced.

I just got my TF-100 test kit and was planning on starting to use it this weekend to get familiar with it. It has been raining quite a bit here so held off on testing.

Today our 2yo pooped in her swim diaper (she is not sick) - do not think anything solid escaped the diaper (at least nothing that we saw).

I know I will have to run the full gamut of tests and post back here.

Other questions:
Is slamming something that would be required for something like this (baby poop diaper)?
The SWG has a "super chlorinate" setting that runs for 24 hours at 100% chlorine generation. Is this worth using and can it be substituted for a SLAM?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
We suggest raising your FC to SLAM level for a fecal incident of that type. No need to maintain it. Use liquid chlorine so it is a quick rise.

My test results

FC -3
CC - 0
pH - 7.8
TA - 270 ( not sure I did this correctly. The reagent drops were not consistent in size when putting it in)
CH - 675
CYA - 40
Salt -3400

Going to the store today to get stabilizer and chlorine. How long after I put the chlorine in is it safe to swim?

Can I use the pool while it the chlorine is at SLAM level?