Help with covers

Mar 23, 2018
burleson texas
Ok so we got the 14x14 square intex pool last year. Over the winter we had the cover on it. We are in Texas so the weather is all over the place. The cover bows really bad and with rain it had a huge puddle that turned into gross green algea water. We pulled it off in Feb to clean it and all the junk went in the pool. put it back on then last weekend pulled it off again emptied the pool scrubbed and cleaned it but the cover seems shot it smells to high heaven have scrubbed it but not helping much. What else can we use as a cover as you can not find square covers anywhere :( .

You could use a tarp. They are probably $25.... Keep that on your pool until the pollen is done. Use a small submersible pump to get the water off the cover so it doesnt go into the pool when you take the cover off. You could also create a siphon with a hose to drain the water off the cover.....

too much to just get it out it comes in piles in the spring. There are tons of trees on the side of us. I love trees but man not these kind. They are actually on the other side of the fence but hang over in our yard

With no cover you still mantain the pool bi weekly, so if you used the net bi weekly it would be too much work?

I would go with a good tarp then

Some options to think about ahead of your next closing...This $11 thing will remove the water from your cover. http://a.co/62RHA1j We also used this brands $30 cover and it did great. I suppose you can buy a larger round and just make it fit your square pool? http://a.co/a4MDy2M If there's a lot of wind keep a bit of water on the cover to weigh it down. It was a great setup for us. We drained the pool to below the skimmer and let the cover rest on the water. No bowed sides.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's the same cover I used for one day, wind about ruined my pool from it flapping around. Water will weigh it down but you still have it flapping edges

Hum...we didn't have an issue even with that last storm. I noticed the PB did some type of folding all around the edge. Not sure if that made the difference or not. Glad you got yours off before anything [besides the cover?] was ruined!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.