Help with choosing a robot for Intex AGP

willey91

Bronze Supporter
Jun 15, 2020
Galena, Illinois
Hello! I want to get a robot for our 22' Intex AGP. I've read through countless past threads on here but still need some direction. We primarily get sand/dirt the kids drag in the pool from the yard. I'd like to spend as little as possible but have no problem spending more for the right unit. I'm located in extreme NW Illinois, so the robot would only be used a few months each year.

The Aquabot Pool Rover Junior looks like it has recently dropped and is a little over $200 at several outlets. I read kimkats review and comments on other's posts about Lil Kim that are positive. However, I've read a lot of other reviews that are less than positive so I'm leery of that option.

I've also read almost entirely positive reviews of the Maytronics/Dolphin/Pentairs. I've seen multiple recommendations of Marina Pool and Spa. Would the SE/S200/Active 20 be overkill? Does Maytronics have a lower level option than that people have used? I see the S50/Active 10 on their website for AGP's but don't know much about them or if they're at a much different price point to keep from just going to the SE/S200.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I read kimkats review and comments on other's posts about Lil Kim that are positive. However, I've read a lot of other reviews that are less than positive so I'm leery of that option.
You have to take online reviews with a grain of salt. It all depends on the person reviewing it, and there are many people out there who have unrealistic expectations, or will simply find a reason to complain no matter what. Also, all products in any industry have a certain amount of problems, so while those reviews may be completely legit, the trouble reviews greatly outnumber the happy customers because the overwhelming majority of happy customers don’t go back online to leave reviews while most of the people who have problems end up online to research/complain.

That rover JR has many happy users here, which I trust far more than random folks on amazon. Keep us posted and your reviews here will help other folks down the road.

Also, no matter what you choose, buy it from Margaret at Marina pools and spa. You have to call them old school and they are busy so you may have to call several tries. It has something to do with territorial rights that they can’t give you the best prices online.

It’s possible that on any given day you may find a better price elsewhere, but even if they don’t have the best price of the day, they still have a GREAT price and I’ve seen so many reviews here of their customer service that I would gladly pay a few bucks more to guarantee that they have my back if any problems arise, because again, all things fail to a certain percentage and that is always a risk.

Good point on the reviews online
You can drive yourself nuts. But. But. There's like 100 problem reviews. Yeah, out of 1.3 million units, and 95% of the failed ones went online to complain. Kim is our most productive member. (All hail the Queen !!). She has put hers through the paces for some years and still loves it. You can trust her honest review and if she hasn't found any drawbacks yet, its a solid machine. Could yours be a defective unit ? Statistically yes, but most likely no. Buy it from Marina pools and spas and you'll have great customer service that stands behind the products they sell. In this day and age, those are few and far between. Give them a call and she'll gladly help you decide for your specific needs, maybe even coming up with one you haven't thought of yet.

You can drive yourself nuts. But. But. There's like 100 problem reviews. Yeah, out of 1.3 million units, and 95% of the failed ones went online to complain. Kim is our most productive member. (All hail the Queen !!). She has put hers through the paces for some years and still loves it. You can trust her honest review and if she hasn't found any drawbacks yet, its a solid machine. Could yours be a defective unit ? Statistically yes, but most likely no. Buy it from Marina pools and spas and you'll have great customer service that stands behind the products they sell. In this day and age, those are few and far between. Give them a call and she'll gladly help you decide for your specific needs, maybe even coming up with one you haven't thought of yet.
Thanks again!

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.