help with bright green pool please

suerou

Jun 25, 2018
Charlton ma
ok will do. Thanks again. I did not know that about clarifier.

Looking for advice on cloudy water. Algae is gone, water is blue, passed fc and cc test overnight, water has been blue a few days but still cloudy. Pressure is staying at 13 so I don't know if there is a lot of filtering going on. I can make out the bottom of small end but definitely cloudy. I vacuumed and brushed again yesterday. There doesn't seem to be a lot of debris of any kind on the bottom where I can see but I vacuumed anyway. The only level that is off a bit is my CA but I don't think that has much to do with cloudy water. I have been running the filter 24/7 for three weeks. Any thoughts?? Appreciate it.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Continue the SLAM. You are in the Pool Owner Patience period. With a sand filter that can take a bit longer.

Have you done the procedure of adding DE to your filter that I linked to above?

suerou

Jun 25, 2018
Charlton ma
Patience.....not my strong suit! O.k. will bring fc back to 20. I have bioguard sparkle up. Directions for my sand filter are 3 cups poured in diluted to skimmer. Did that first time and pressure went from 13 to 25 within 15 minutes. Had to backwash right away. Now I add about 1/2 to 1 cup diluted very slowly to my skimmer but often the pressure goes up within an hour. Is that a good thing??? I feel I am washing it right out when I use it. I really appreciate your help with this.

And to be honest I haven't kept up with the sparkle up regularly.....focusing on brush and vacuum and fc.

Just followed the link you sent. I will assume add the sparkle up the same as d.e. method and see if that makes a difference this morning unless you think d.e. will work better. I have all day to clear this and I am determined to get it right.

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Once you use up all the Sparkle up, if you want the same results at less cost buy a bag of Fiber Clear or plain DE filter media. Using prices from Amazon the Sparkle Up was $1.30 an ounce, Fiber Clear was .70 an ounce and DE was .17 an ounce.

suerou

Jun 25, 2018
Charlton ma
D.E. it will be for future use. I learned my lesson on buying the overpriced sparkle up.... but makes sense to use it up. I am going to add it as directed in the link provided to me above and watch it closely to backwash and re-add as needed. Thank you very much.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread