NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
My SWG Intex cells (1 year old and 2 months of use) from Eco 5110 look clean and I already did a vinegar treatment just in case, but I continue to get a 91 error code even though my salt is good (it was good and now it's high bc I kept adding salt...). Can’t replace the cells bc the titanium one is globally out of stock. Any suggestions?

Hello Backyard Dreams, welcome to TFP :handwave:

How are you testing your salt level? We suggest you obtain the Taylor Salt Test K-1766 to determine an accurate level. I never rely on a device to tell me a salt reading as too many things can cause it to read incorrectly.

Please don't clean the cell with any type of acid as that removes the special coatings on the cell plates that make the magic happen. It really will shorten the lifespan of the cell.

Maddie 🖖

Thanks, Maddie! I brought water samples to a chain pool store (that is almost an hour away, each direction!) to get that one reading. I ordered: AquaChek 561161 Swimming Pool White Salt Titrators Test Kit Strips to avoid a two-hour trip every time I need a salt check and was going to test them against the pool store reading (I’m skeptical of most test strips), but they haven’t arrived. Do you think the Taylor K1766 is better? If so, what’s the difference please? Thanks

Thanks, Maddie! I brought water samples to a chain pool store (that is almost an hour away, each direction!) to get that one reading. I ordered: AquaChek 561161 Swimming Pool White Salt Titrators Test Kit Strips to avoid a two-hour trip every time I need a salt check and was going to test them against the pool store reading (I’m skeptical of most test strips), but they haven’t arrived. Do you think the Taylor K1766 is better? If so, what’s the difference please? Thanks
PS I’ve been using undiluted vinegar. Is that too strong of an acid?

Any leads on where to buy an authentic, new Intex 11899 Titanium Electrode/SWG cell for our Eco 5110 SWG? Seems to be a near global shortage. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.