Help Upgrade Equipment to iPhone Control

f30er

Jan 22, 2022
Buford, GA
I just moved into this house and have been working on the pool. After ordering a new heater in Feb, it was finally installed this past week (Jandy Jxi400). I have an old Hayward pump that I have set to go on from 9p-9a with an Intermatic mechanical switch and a Starite System 3 cartridge filter. The SWG is an Aquarite SWG with a T-cell 3. Both the salt cell and the control panel are brand new.
I recently got a quote to upgrade my equipment to make it work with my iPhone and it was >11k!!!

Here's a pic of my equipment, please tell me it won't cost that much to make it work?!?!?!?

Attachments

• IMG_2469 (1).JPG
    IMG_2469 (1).JPG
    836.2 KB · Views: 12

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
What equipment was proposed for $11K?

That T-3 cell is rated for a 15,000 gallon pool and is really too small for your 13K pool. You will need to run that cell at close to 100% 24/7 to generate enough chlorine for your pool.

What specifically do you want to control with your phone?

f30er

Jan 22, 2022
Buford, GA
New filter, vss pump, iaqualink for ~5k. Electrical/plumbing/install 6k.

Ugh the T3 is what was recommended on INYO for replacement. Guess I can just use it till it burns out and then get a bigger one?

I want to be able to control the heater specifically. I know to do that I need to control the pump so I can turn on the pump and heater from work on a day I know my kids have time to jump in in the evenings. But also still be able to set schedules for how much the pump runs/day.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
You are probably talking with a Jandy dealer.

I would tell you to get a Hayward OmniHub.

An Aqualink cannot control or give information on your Hayward Aquarite system. The omniHub can.

You don't need to replace your pump with a VS pump if your existing pump is running fine. The OmniPL or the Aqualink will turn your pump on and off. When that pump dies you can get a Hayward VS pump.

Why do you need a new filter?

Any automation can control your heater.

f30er

Jan 22, 2022
Buford, GA
You are probably talking with a Jandy dealer.

I would tell you to get a Hayward OmniHub.

An Aqualink cannot control or give information on your Hayward Aquarite system. The omniHub can.

You don't need to replace your pump with a VS pump if your existing pump is running fine. The OmniPL or the Aqualink will turn your pump on and off. When that pump dies you can get a Hayward VS pump.

Why do you need a new filter?

Any automation can control your heater.
Thanks! I'll check out omnihub and find a dealer for them if there's one around here.
Existing pump works fine, just old but I agree I'd rather wait till it dies before replacing
I don't need a new filter, I was told it's a package deal and the filter comes with it.
Good to know about the heater!
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread