HELP!! Toe tile or not and if so which one?? Should I add extra abalone to my tropics blue?

Sep 26, 2012
OK... next decision.... toe tile. I dont want it lining my steps and benches, just accents... I think.

There is a 2 inch tile that matches my oxford tile exactly but I also like this NPT lightwave tile.... I have sample of that. What do you guys think? I have sun shelf, and lots benches in my pool. plus spa.

We are going with tropics blue mini pebble but will tweak to make deeper blue...

Pics attached.. I know will look different in water, I have seen this toe tile on tropic blue pool before looked great.. so play it safe and get matching to oxford or go with light waves? Or none? My pool guys says they don't do it much anymore.... I could leave sun shelf clean and just put few on benches to make them easier to see?

Need to pick up tomorrow... help much appreciated!

KIM

Attachments

• toe tile in pool.jpg
    toe tile in pool.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 112
  • toe tiles  sun.jpg
    toe tiles sun.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 112
This is why not to add abalone to your plaster...

This is why not to add abalone to your plaster...

oh wow... I see tons of people adding more and more etc... thats terrible.. tropics blue already has some in it... hmmmmm

Explain what you mean by accent tiles?

Tiles along the edge of steps and benches is a safety feature for people to see where the edge is. People in pools may not be wearing their glasses or may have water in their eyes and may not have their best eyesight. A visual line that stands out gives people their bearings subconsciously. It can prevent tripping or falling.

I like our accent tile, so I say yes. Ours is NPT Equinox black Steel.

Attachments

• E2776C69-F773-4B08-80EE-FD907E1FDA80.jpeg
    E2776C69-F773-4B08-80EE-FD907E1FDA80.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 9F6916E4-072D-4A2B-8311-28E0B7D9493F.jpeg
    9F6916E4-072D-4A2B-8311-28E0B7D9493F.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 98
  • D6F23075-26C9-4688-B306-412AA87D68F6.jpeg
    D6F23075-26C9-4688-B306-412AA87D68F6.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 95
What shape is your pool? are your benches curved or straight? And by accent, are you just putting it in random places?
yes, free form pool, just putting space out to accent.. not lining the steps... I think I have decided just to let the pebble speak for itself and keep simple.... too many decisions!! I thought I had them all made and last minute changing my mind.. ugh

I love that smaller tile...................do it on the point with space between each tile so it is an accent instead of a straight line side by side.
thats what I was going to do.. but I think too late... I needed to get the tile today and I looked at bunch pics and liked it without anything.. hope I am making right decision.... can't wait till this is over! But, we may go with puerto rico blend and add some blue glass to my tropics!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.