Help -Test Results--Changing fron Baqua to chlorine

Jul 5, 2010
I am a frustrated pool owner trying to switch from Baquacil to chlorine. Been using baqua for 2 years with no problems. This year I can't get my pool to stay clear. I changed my water 2 weeks ago and still having problems. My pool is green at this time. Went from clear to green in 1 day. I have a 15,000 galloon AG pool with a 1hp sand filter. Not sure of the size of filter.

If me results are accurate, they are below.

Bromine -- 0
PH -- 7-8
Ask -- 400ppm
Acid -- never turned a color -- stayed clear

I am using a Blue Devil testing kit. The only one I could find today.

Please help!

Hey,

Welcome to the forum. The test results you posted were not very helpful. We need to know your pH (it'll have a DECIMAL...LIKE 7.2) It is apparent you have no chlorine. You convert from baqua to chlorine by having bottles and bottles and bottles of chlorine on hand and plan on going through them and then getting some more.

You have either left out a lot of info we need or you need to go to pool school and read the article on how to convert. Post back and tell us more about your conversion and we'll try to help. You do not have a good enough test kit so you'll need to go to the pool store to get the results we need. Please consider getting your own very good kit (TF-100 or K-2006).....it's really the only practical way to test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.