Help, Spa blower Mystery

Sharkygirl

Gold Supporter
Oct 26, 2014
Key West, FL
Thought my spa had a leak because I was loosing chemistry such as CH, Salt, and CYA. Had the leak detectors come out. They confirmed I had a leak. OK
Well they couldn't find the leak, they had all the jets out and then put them all back. I found a small leak at the plumbing and fixed it, sort of. When all was put back together, the blower doesn't blow air into the lines. The blower would then overheat. Had the leak guys come back, they drained half the spa, checked all the valves again. Ran the blower, it worked fine- when there wasn't water over the jets. Filled the spa, turned on the pump, turned on the blower- now I don't have bubbles again. This must be an air lock of some sort. Any ideas? As far as I know, there isn't a leak any more.

chiefwej

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 12, 2011
Tucson
There are venturi in each of the jets. Sometimes scale or debris can cause blockage. So my question is has anyone removed and cleared the venturi. They would remove all the eyeballs, use a socket and extension to unscrew the venturi, run the pump and blower to clear everything out, then reassemble everything. It is not common though for all to be blocked, but certainly not impossible.

Sharkygirl

Gold Supporter
Oct 26, 2014
Key West, FL
All of the jet valves were removed from the spa when they were checking for a leak. The jet valves were all clean. Nothing on them at all. The blower ran fine when I was filling the spa. When the water level was above the jets, I turned off the blower as it will only run for 20 minutes at a time anyway. The next day once the spa was filled, I turned on the pump. I get water flow from the jets, but when I turn on the blower, I do not get any air bubbles (jet action) like I used to. The blower overheats within 3 minutes and shuts down.

homegameroom

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2015
Sunrise,FL
Your blower probably has a check valve to prevent water from getting into the blower motor and squirrel-cage fan. My bet is that your check valve has somehow frozen shut by getting water/moisture in it. Check it out and let us know.