Help requested with Screenlogic App/Pentair heater

Tlhe25

Mar 25, 2021
Belton, Texas
Hi, new here and I've read through older threads that haven't solved my problem yet.

We have a pool with all Pentair equipment including a mastertemp 400 heater.

Everything used to work perfectly.

Now, when using our Screenlogic app, I can make the pool pump and spa function turn on an off as well as activate our waterfall features.

However, when I turn on the heater from the phone app, nothing happens. After turning on the heater from my phone, I am able to manually turn on the heater. But if I don't turn on the heater using my phone app, the heater will not turn on.

Suggestions please?

I am not sure I understand.. The EasyTouch nor ScreenLogic actually turn on the heater.. The heater is always on, and set to max temp. All the EasyTouch does is close a small relay that tells the heater to heat using the heater's firemans switch..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sounds like the ScreenLogic app is closing the fireman's switch, providing power to the heater, allowing it to be turned on manually.

This isn't the right way to use the heater. The heater should be manually pre-set always to be on at highest temperature. Then the automation, well, automatically turns the heater on and off via the fireman's switch. It should never be necessary to manually touch the heater's control panel. The automation senses water temperature and runs the heater as needed according to settings in the automation.

Last edited:
Sounds like the ScreenLogic app is closing the fireman's switch, providing power to the heater, allowing it to be turned on manually.

This isn't the right way to use the heater. The heater should be manually pre-set always to be on at highest temperature. Then the automation, well, automatically turns the heater on and off via the fireman's switch. It should never be necessary to manually touch the heater's control panel. The automation senses water temperature and runs the heater as needed according to settings in the automation.
Ok. Thank you for your reply. Do you have a suggestion for how to resolve the issue?

1. Set the MasterTemp heater to its maximum temperature in Spa mode and leave it like that.
2. Go into the EasyTouch's Heat menu and set desired temperatures there for both pool and spa modes, choosing Heater as the heat source. (I don't have ScreenLogic so can't give you an answer via that channel, but the ET control panel method will work.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.