Help - Pumps running but pool jets/cleaner not

Bihanson

Jul 10, 2020
Temple, TX
Hi all. I’m a new pool owner and having trouble. After a couple weeks of messing with the chemicals, I finally got the pool balanced. But, I’ve been having ongoing difficulty with the pumps and cleaner. First I thought it was the control panel scheduled, but they seem to be running on time. Now I’m sure it’s something more mechanical.
I run my schedule as 10pm-8am for the filter pump, 4am-8am for the high speed cleaner. But I keep going out and finding neither running the jets in the pool. About every 3-4 minutes the jets will act like they are trying to start and will sputter and push out bubbles and as the water is pushed out with the Polaris 360 cleaner making a 3 second effort of movement. After that 3-5 seconds, all pool movement stops until another 3-4 minutes have passed and it repeats all over again.
What am I missing? I’ve already checked all the filters and baskets as well as the hose line for the cleaner to see if there is a clog but nothing is there. What else could it be? Bad booster pump? Help?
Thanks

Are your certain all of the valves are in the correct position?

Look in the strainer baskets of the pumps. Are they full of water?
I have not touched the valves from where the previous owner had them set...and they were having no issue with the system. Strainer basket Isn’t full, but does have water flowing through it. I’ve even primed with a bucket of water a couple times in case there was air in there.

I have not touched the valves from where the previous owner had them set...and they were having no issue with the system. Strainer basket Isn’t full, but does have water flowing through it. I’ve even primed with a bucket of water a couple times in case there was air in there.
When you say the pump strainer basket isn't full - I assume you mean not full of debris. It is completely full with water with may a couple of air bubbles at most? Have you bled the air from the filter? There should be a pressure gauge on top with a valve to relieve air from the filter. You may want to post a picture of your valves and of your filter for further clarifications.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.