Help - pool legs wider at bottom than top

DogMom3

Jun 21, 2020
Philadelphia
Hi. We are brand new above ground pool owners. We have a 15 x 48 Intex metal frame. We spent weeks leveling, have EPS foam under and pavers dug in under each leg. We finished filling pool today. Legs were level when we started filling and after smoothing bottom of liner, but now that pool is full, several legs have spread out at the bottom of the leg - they are being pushed out by the full liner. The result is a wider circle at the bottom of the frame than at the top. When we kick them straight, they just shift right back out. Pool is within an inch of level. Is this normal? We are panicked about structural soundness. Would appreciate any guidance!!! Thank you.

Hi. Thank you. Three of the legs were halfway off their pavers. Two others right at the edge. (Pavers are 7 x 7 and we tried to have all feet in middle, but can't say for sure that they were after jostling it all to get it set up). We dug out behind each of these five original pavers to get a second one down right behind it so that legs don't actually fall off. We will do the same around entire pool. Should we add a cinching strap of some kind to keep it from moving any further? Can we do that with pool already filled or should we drain and start over with a cinching strap in place from the get go? I've attached pics. Thank you! I hardly slept last night worrying about it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200622_080446.jpg
    IMG_20200622_080446.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 35
That was a good idea to add a second paver.

I think you are ok, but for peace of mind, if you want to add a cinching strap, go for it. I don’t think you need to drain.

Can’t tell what we are looking at in that second photo. Where is the leg?

This is normal, as long as they don't run off the outer edge of the pavers, you will be golden.
:)
Thank you. Three of them had run halfway off the pavers, so we dug out space for a second paver behind to keep it from falling completely off. How much is too much movement for soundness if structure? We are going to add a cinching strap, but are wondering if we can use the strap to simply prevent any further movement or if we should drain and start over using the cinching strap from the beginning to keep them from moving out at all. Amy thoughts? Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20200622_080403.jpg
    IMG_20200622_080403.jpg
    681.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200622_080446.jpg
    IMG_20200622_080446.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 7

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.