Help pls

Ih8tyres

Dec 29, 2020
Brisbane qld
Hey there
We just bought a house and keep loosing water i noticed it coming out the waste pipe when the pumps on ive got the old 2way vavles on the filter amd pump both are in the open position is that right???

Attachments

• 20201230_065238.jpg
    20201230_065238.jpg
    855.6 KB · Views: 41
I,

I am not sure that our "waste" line is the same as your "waste" line, but here, the only time there should be water coming out the waste line is when we are trying to backwash a filter, or vacuuming to waste.

We need to see behind your green curtain... So we can see what goes where.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

G'day Tom
Can you take a pic of your pool showing the skimmer and returns and any other pipes that are associated with it. Are there anymore pipes coming out of your filter? As mentioned above the pipes that are visible in your picture are a pump suction (possibly from the skimmer) and the return pipe (possibly to the return fittings or eyeballs). There's no obvious indication of a waste pipe in the pictures provided. Can you provide more details of your pool and equipment to help answer your questions?

I,

Note.. I wrote this yesterday, but failed to push the "post" icon.. :(

It appears to me that the pipe and valve on the left of your first pics is for the water coming from your pool and into the suction side of your pump.. The water most likely comes from your skimmer..

The pump then pushes the water through your cartridge filter and then through the valve and pipe on the right of your first pic...

For your system to work, both valves must be fully open as they are in your first pic.

Tell us what you are referring to when you say... "I noticed it coming out the waste pipe"

I see no waste pipe in the picture and a cartridge filter would not normally have one.

How much water is your pool loosing each day?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In your first picture there is a damp spot under the the right hand side pipe, which is the return from the filter to the pool. Is that just because you fiddled round with the valve before taking the photo, or is water constantly getting out there? Is there a storm water drain nearby where that water could get into? Which leads me back to my first question from my last post: Is that pipe outlet on the street your normal storm water outlet, where water comes out when it's raining, or is that a pool only outlet?

So that pipe must then be either the outlet for a filter backwashing line or a pool overflow.

Overflow doesn't make sense since there's only water coming out with the pump running.

Is there a Multiport valve at or near your filter with backwash and waste positions that is not visible in the photo? That valve might be faulty and let's water through to the waste line even when set to filtering mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.