Help please. Vacuum not included, clueless about vacuums.

Jessica34

May 13, 2020
Maine
I've never had a pool. The extent of my knowledge is they are used for swimming. I ordered one (the summer waves elite) only in reading about what I need for maintenance did I read about a vacuum being necessary. I questioned the company they said it was not included and were not helpful with an answer to what I needed to get to adapt it, besides their pool kit which is out of stock. So I found a compatible pool head. But it's only the head, I figured I'd need some type of hose so I ordered the hose size mentioned by other people. My question now is does that sound like it will work? And do I need some type of collection bag? Where do debris go?
For reference this is the pump head. Any help is appreciated. I feel like I got in over my head!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200513-140455.png
    Screenshot_20200513-140455.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 10
My pool didn't have a vacuum. I was given one at some point. Only hooked it up once. Usually they utilize a "skimmer vacuum plate". The pump suction deposits the crud in the skimmer basket and you can set the fine stuff to be sent to filter or waste.

If you have a cleaner, or better yet, a robot, the need for a vacuum may be almost non-existent.

Take a photo or post a link of the vacuum head you have. There are different types. Some use a garden hose to force the debris into a mesh bag. Others use suction to pull debris into the filter using a pool hose and the skimmer attachment referenced in your post. Some are hybrids and do both.

I bought the garden hose type vacuum with mesh bag for debris from either home depot or lowes for about $25. Problem was, that very fine debri would just leak through the debri bag, but the suction was incredible, way better than the pool pump. Worked great for leaves. So, this year I bought a skimmer sock and put it inside the mesh bag and it worked amazingly. I bought the skimmer socks at Leslie's for $10 for 5.

I have a problem that may fit here. Japanese beetle poop is my nemesis. It gathers on the bottom when the pool is not in use, but scatters with attempts to clean it. The rover picks up some of it, but spreads a great deal of it. Water quality is good, but turns green when the bottom is agitated. Is there a device for above-grounds that agitates the bottom, keeping fine particulates available for the filter? I have not been able to have my pool open much due to this problem, and would appreciate suggestions.

I have a problem that may fit here. Japanese beetle poop is my nemesis. It gathers on the bottom when the pool is not in use, but scatters with attempts to clean it. The rover picks up some of it, but spreads a great deal of it. Water quality is good, but turns green when the bottom is agitated. Is there a device for above-grounds that agitates the bottom, keeping fine particulates available for the filter? I have not been able to have my pool open much due to this problem, and would appreciate suggestions.

Have you tried manually vacuuming with the filter vacuum? I have found that with very fine debris, I can "sneak up" on it with the manual vacuum very slowly and capture much of it. But, if you move the vacuum head too quickly, you will stir it up rather than capture it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.