Kelowna
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I am finally closing my pool after giving up on a safety cover and buying a tarp. My pool builder was supposed to close it today so I drained the water down. Well, he no showed and isn't responding. I suppose I should have expected this given my past experience with them.

It is supposed to get down to 19f tonight. I dont have anything to plug the lines with. What should I do to protect it tonight? Thank you for your help.

Your pump probably has a freeze program most likely but would need higher water to work. The only way to avoid freeze damage is moving water. What is your water temp?

The water temp is at 42f. We drained the equipment but there is water in the skimmer...

Your pump probably has a freeze program most likely but would need higher water to work. The only way to avoid freeze damage is moving water. What is your water temp?
The water temp is at 42f. We drained the equipment but there is water in the skimmer...

We tried to blow the lines with a leaf blower but it wasn't powerful enough to get all the water up and over the skimmer. Should I run to the hardware store and get some pool antifreeze to pour in the skimmer line?

An empty jug? What would the jug do?

Water expands about 10% in volume when is changes from liquid to solid. The empty jug gives the ice a space to expand into and crush the jug rather then crack the skimmer.

Thanks for the advice. I think it made it through the night okay and I've found a company to come out and blow the lines today

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.