Help! New SWG doesn't seal!

Aug 19, 2018
Chandler
My second t-cell-15 in 6 years has failed, and I ordered an off brand replacement since it was seemingly more cost effective. The one I purchased is at the link below. The device seems to fit in the slot ok, but I cannot get a water tight seal. The collars on my plumbing will get tight, but it still leaks and if I tighten further, the threads unlock and it loosens up again. When I take this new unit out and put the old dead one back, it seals fine. I also made sure that the rubber gaskets were in place before trying the new unit.

Is there anything I can do to get this to fit and seal or am I stuck with getting a hayward branded unit?

Thanks for any guidance.

The knockoffs have their quality control problems. You can try exchanging it and try another or cry just once and get a Hayward cell.

Is there anything I can do to get this to fit and seal or am I stuck with getting a hayward branded unit?
As a last ditch try - remove the seals/gasket from the old unit and put them on the new unit. It just may be a tolerance issue that maybe the original Hayward seals can overcome.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.