Help - new pool and sudden cloudy water

cgeorg07

Jun 3, 2021
NJ
Surface
Vinyl
Hi all - New pool owner here and starting to get the hang of things a tiny bit. Everything was beautiful the last 3 weeks, and today the water looks cloudy.

Today was our first very hot day so the kids were swimming all day long for the first time!

Trying to see what my best next steps are - I am thinking maybe I should dial up the salt cell from 50 to 60%?

I have a 20,000 Gallon pool with Hayward SWG.

Test results are from Leslie's, as I am still getting used to testing with the Taylor Test Kit.
FC - 1.92
pH - 7.6
TA - 95
CYA - 38
Salt - 2800

Thank you in advance for your help as I continue to learn.

Post a full set of water chemistry test results from your own kit.
Test Results

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Sorry. Those are not from your test kit. We do not provide guidance based on pool store testing.

The K2005 has a DPD test for FC. It is a color matching test and only goes to 10 ppm.
Order the FAS/DPD Chlorine & CC's test to have a kit you can use to follow the TFPC protocols.

I would suggest you add liquid chlorine to get to 10 ppm. Do your best using the DPD test until you get the FAS-DPD kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.