HELP!!!! My pool went from crystal clear to slightly green and cloudy ?

Keb

May 1, 2019
Texas
My pool is abound ground 12400 gallons and it went from crystal clear to cloudy and a slight green color. Went to Leslie pools and they tell me to fix one thing and then another goes wrong. We are st the point of... “you need to bring PH up to 8.0 and then use Green to clean then clarifier then something to remove phosphates and then the weekly stuff they sell. I have always had a salt water pool and never had to add that many chemicals. Maybe you guys have some better advise. Here are the reading from this morning....
FAC 4
TAC 4
Salt 3100
CH 130
CYA 35 (was 0 just yesterday)
TA 100
PH 7.6 (added 6oz of PH plus to bring it up to be able to add green to clean.
COPPER 0
IRON 0
phosphates 200 (was 100 yesterday morning)

Welcome to the forum!
You need to SLAM Process. But to do that, you need your own test kit. Please order a proper test kit - Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF100 from TFTestkits.net
While waiting on the test kit to arrive, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine/plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. When you get your test kit, post up the results and we can provide guidance to get through the SLAM and to a TFP pool!
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thank you!! I’m kinda scared of testing myself, as I know I shouldn’t be but it’s kinda intimidating to me. In your honest opinion should I try to correct this problem on my own or trust the “pool experts”? I feel like they are just trying to sell me hundreds of dollars in chemical when I’ve never had to do that since I’ve had a SWG. My pool isn’t like really green just a slight haze of it so it’s not like I beyond the point of no return. I have an Intex with a 2500 gallon/hr pump (cartridge filter) and am not in the position to upgrade to sand (as I would like). I don’t know which direction to go. Thank you for replying!

Realize that this forum looks upon pool stores as anything but 'pool experts'. The forum has a number of legitimate 'pool care experts'.
Please fill out your signature as it makes it much easier for us to help you.

Keb, Marty will not steer you wrong. I wouldn't consider pool store employees as "experts". Their intention is to sell you chemicals. Are those chemicals necessary? To start taking care of your pool, a recommended quality test kit is necessary. Your own testing not pool store testing can and will solve your pool problem. The experts are on this site and following their advice you have a trouble free pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.